Creation Care Book Recommendations
- All Things Bright and Beautiful (ages 0 – 5)
- Let’s Explore God’s World (ages 3 – 7)
- Seven Days to Care for God’s World (ages 4 – 9)
- God Gave Us the World (ages 4 – 9)
- In Our Image: God’s First Creatures (ages 4 – 9)
- God Made it For You! The Story of Creation (ages 4 – 9)
- The Lorax (ages 4 – 9)
- The Giving Tree (ages 4 – 9)
- A Child of God: Stories of Jesus and Stewardship Activities for Children (ages 8 – 12)
- I Love God’s Green Earth (devotional for ages 9-12)
- Just a Dream (ages 9-12)
- In the Beginning: The Story of Genesis and Earth Activities for Children (ages 9-12)
- Taking Care of God’s Gifts: Stewardship: A Way of Life (ages 9 – 12)
- Amazon’s list of children’s books on creation care
Other Good Children’s Book Lists
- Little Green Books
- The Green Series: Eco Kids Books
- Common Sense Media’s Green Books for Kids
- Childsake book recommendations
- The Children’s Book Review: Kid’s Earth Day Books
- Barnes and Noble’s list of children’s nature books
- Amazon’s list of children’s books on Environment & Ecology
- Amazon’s list of children’s books on Nature
Creation Care Activities, Lessons, and Curricula
- Sunday School seed planting activity – Sunday school might be the most “fertile soil” for sowing lessons about God’s creation. This lesson brings the outdoors inside for a hands-on creation care lesson.
- Acorns to Oaks – This environmental toolkit, published by Eco Congregation, is full of children’s stories, activities, and other resources to help children begin to care for God’s creation.
- Books with large lists of creation care activities:
Websites and Resources for Parents
- Wonder of Creation: Wonder Kids – This creation care blog is designed to provide tips on ways parents, grandparents and other caregivers can increase a child’s wonder in God’s handiwork.
- Web of Creation: Teaching Children and Youth – This site lists ideas and resources for teaching youth to care for creation.
- The Children & Nature Network – With many useful resources for parents, teachers, and community organizers, this organization is devoted to giving every child a wide range of opportunities to experience nature directly.
- Interfaith Power & Light’s Resources for Children and Youth – This page lists many good books and other resources to use in helping children and youth care for God’s creation.
- Earth Ministry Resources for Children and Youth – This very large list of resources has books, curricula, videos, and games regarding creation care for kids.
Websites and Resources for Kids
- Kids Planet – This website by Defenders of Wildlife is designed to both teach kids about wildlife and to show them how they can take care of animals.
- The Lorax Project – This website is designed to inform kids (in fun and interesting ways) about protecting forests and endangered species.
- Marvel, Believe, Care – This website has a creation care coloring book, activity book, Bible bingo, and Bible flash cards.
- Kids for Saving Earth – This site has information and resources for both parents and children on taking care of the earth.
- Energy Kids – This website, part of the U.S. Energy Information Administration, has great information on energy. It is very visual, informative, and accessible for a variety of ages.
- RecycleWorks Kids – Filled with games, quizzes, and lots of fun information, this website is a great resource for teaching and learning about recycling.